How to Rebuild Database on PS4 Without Safe Mode
Rebuilding the database on your PS4 can help to improve system performance and fix any issues you may be experiencing. While the safe mode is commonly used for this process, you can also rebuild the database without accessing safe mode. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to do it:
1. Turn off your PS4 completely by pressing and holding the power button until it beeps twice.
2. Disconnect the power cable from the back of the console and wait for a few minutes.
3. Plug the power cable back in and turn on your PS4 by pressing the power button.
4. Once your PS4 is on, connect your controller using a USB cable.
5. On your PS4 home screen, go to “Settings” and scroll down to select “System.”
6. In the system settings, choose “Storage” and then “System Storage.”
7. Press the “Options” button on your controller and select “Rebuild Database.”
8. A warning message will appear, informing you that rebuilding the database can take hours. Confirm your decision and let the process begin.
9. Your PS4 will restart and the rebuilding process will start. This may take some time, so be patient and avoid turning off or unplugging your console during the process.
10. Once the rebuilding process is complete, your PS4 will restart again. You can now check if the issues you were facing have been resolved.
FAQs About Rebuilding Database on PS4:
1. Will rebuilding the database delete my game data?
No, rebuilding the database will not delete your game data. It only organizes and restructures the files on your console.
2. How long does it take to rebuild the database?
The time taken to rebuild the database varies depending on the amount of data on your console. It can take anywhere from a few minutes to a couple of hours.
3. Can I use my PS4 while it rebuilds the database?
It is recommended to let the process complete without using your PS4 to avoid any interruptions.
4. Will rebuilding the database fix all performance issues?
Rebuilding the database can improve system performance, but it might not resolve all issues. It is worth trying before seeking further assistance.
5. Can I rebuild the database without a USB cable?
No, you need a USB cable to connect your controller to the PS4 during the process.
6. What should I do if the rebuilding process gets stuck?
If the process gets stuck for a prolonged period, try restarting the console and attempting the rebuild again.
7. Will rebuilding the database delete my saved game progress?
No, rebuilding the database does not affect your saved game progress. However, it is always recommended to have backups of important data.
Rebuilding the database on your PS4 can help to optimize its performance and resolve various issues. By following the steps mentioned above, you can easily rebuild your PS4 database without accessing safe mode.