How to Move Apps to SD Card on LG G4
The LG G4 is a popular Android smartphone known for its impressive features and capabilities. One of the many advantages of this device is the ability to expand storage using an SD card. However, by default, most apps are installed on the phone’s internal storage, which can quickly fill up. Luckily, LG G4 users can easily move apps to the SD card to free up space. Here’s how to do it:
1. Insert an SD card: Before you can move apps to your SD card, you need to ensure that it is properly inserted into your LG G4.
2. Open Settings: Swipe down from the top of the screen and tap the gear-shaped Settings icon to access the device settings.
3. Select Apps: Scroll down and tap on “Apps” or “Applications” to open the app management settings.
4. Choose an App: Select the app you want to move to the SD card from the list of installed apps.
5. Tap Storage: Once you’ve selected the desired app, tap on “Storage” to view storage-related options.
6. Move to SD Card: If the app can be moved to the SD card, you’ll see an option to “Change” or “Move to SD card.” Tap on it to initiate the transfer.
7. Confirmation: A confirmation message will appear. Tap “OK” to proceed with moving the app to the SD card.
1. Can all apps be moved to the SD card on LG G4?
No, certain apps, especially system apps and some pre-installed apps, cannot be moved to the SD card.
2. Can I move apps back to internal storage if needed?
Yes, you can move apps back to internal storage by following the same steps and selecting “Internal storage” instead of “SD card” in the storage settings.
3. Will moving apps to the SD card affect their performance?
Generally, there should be no noticeable impact on app performance after moving them to the SD card. However, some apps may experience slight delays when accessing data from the SD card.
4. How can I check which apps are already on the SD card?
In the app management settings, there is an option to sort apps by “SD card.” Selecting this will display all apps that are currently installed on the SD card.
5. Can I move apps to the SD card without an SD card inserted?
No, you need to have an SD card properly inserted into your LG G4 to be able to move apps to it.
6. Can I move the entire app to the SD card, or only a part of it?
The ability to move apps to the SD card depends on the app itself. Some apps can be fully moved, while others allow only a portion of their data to be stored on the SD card.
7. Will moving apps to the SD card delete their data?
No, moving apps to the SD card will not delete their data. However, it’s always a good practice to back up important data before making any changes to app storage locations.
By following these steps, LG G4 users can easily move apps to their SD card, freeing up valuable internal storage space. It’s a simple and effective way to optimize your device’s storage and ensure smooth performance.