How to Host an Unturned 3.0 Server
Unturned 3.0 is a popular sandbox survival game that allows players to explore, scavenge, and build in a post-apocalyptic world. Hosting your own server can enhance your gaming experience by allowing you to play with friends and customize the gameplay to your liking. Here is a step-by-step guide on how to host an Unturned 3.0 server.
1. Download the server files: Visit the official Unturned website and download the server files for Unturned 3.0. Make sure to choose the correct version for your operating system.
2. Set up port forwarding: Log in to your router’s admin interface and set up port forwarding for the necessary ports (default is 27015). This will allow other players to connect to your server.
3. Configure server settings: Open the server files and locate the “Commands.dat” file. This file allows you to customize various server settings, such as difficulty, PvP, and maximum player limit. Adjust these settings according to your preferences.
4. Start the server: Run the “Unturned.exe” file to start your server. It may take a few moments to load, so be patient. Once it’s up and running, you can connect to your server by entering “localhost” in the server IP field within the game.
5. Share your IP address: In order for others to join your server, you’ll need to share your external IP address with them. You can find your IP address by searching “what is my IP” on Google.
6. Install mods (optional): If you want to add mods to your server, download them from the Steam Workshop and place them in the “Workshop” folder within the server files.
7. Manage your server: To manage your server, use the commands available in the game console. You can kick or ban players, change settings, and monitor server performance.
1. Can I host a server on my own computer?
Yes, you can host a server on your own computer by following the steps above.
2. How many players can join my server?
The maximum number of players that can join your server is determined by the player limit you set in the server settings.
3. Can I password protect my server?
Yes, you can password protect your server by editing the “Commands.dat” file and setting a password.
4. Can I change the game mode in my server?
Yes, you can change the game mode by adjusting the settings in the “Commands.dat” file.
5. Can I install mods on my server?
Yes, you can install mods on your server by downloading them from the Steam Workshop and placing them in the “Workshop” folder.
6. How do I update my server to the latest version?
To update your server to the latest version, simply download the new server files and replace the existing files.
7. Can I run multiple servers on the same machine?
Yes, you can run multiple servers on the same machine by assigning different ports to each server and setting up port forwarding accordingly.
Hosting your own Unturned 3.0 server can provide endless hours of fun and customization. Follow these steps, and you’ll be playing with friends in your own custom server in no time.