How to Host a Server on Unturned 3.0
Unturned is a popular survival game that allows players to explore a post-apocalyptic world filled with zombies and other dangerous creatures. While playing on public servers can be fun, hosting your own server can give you more control over the game and allow you to play with friends. In this article, we will guide you through the process of hosting a server on Unturned 3.0.
1. Download the server files: Before you can host a server, you need to download the Unturned server files from the official website. Make sure you choose the correct version for Unturned 3.0.
2. Set up port forwarding: To allow other players to connect to your server, you need to set up port forwarding on your router. Open the necessary ports (default is 27015) and forward them to your computer’s local IP address.
3. Configure server settings: Open the server files and locate the “Commands.dat” file. Here, you can customize various settings such as server name, maximum number of players, and game mode.
4. Start the server: Run the “Unturned.exe” file to start the server. It may take a few moments to initialize. Once the server is running, you can join it by launching the game and selecting “Play” > “Connect” > “LAN” > “Direct Connect.”
5. Admin controls: To have administrative powers on your server, open the “Commands.dat” file and add your Steam ID under the “Admins” section. Save the file and restart the server for the changes to take effect.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. Can I host a server without port forwarding?
No, port forwarding is necessary to allow other players to connect to your server.
2. How many players can join my server?
The maximum number of players that can join your server depends on the settings you configure in the “Commands.dat” file.
3. Can I change the game mode after setting up the server?
Yes, you can change the game mode by editing the “Commands.dat” file and restarting the server.
4. Can I install mods on my server?
Yes, you can install mods on your server to enhance gameplay. Simply follow the instructions provided by the mod developers.
5. How can I ban players from my server?
Open the “Commands.dat” file and add the player’s Steam ID under the “Banned” section. Save the file and restart the server.
6. Can I host a dedicated server?
Yes, you can host a dedicated server by running the “Unturned.exe” file with the “-batchmode” and “-nographics” command-line arguments.
7. How can I backup my server data?
Regularly backup the server files, including the “Commands.dat” file and the “Maps” folder, to prevent data loss in case of server issues or updates.
Hosting your own server on Unturned 3.0 allows you to create a unique gaming experience and play with friends. By following these steps and exploring the FAQs, you’ll be able to successfully set up and manage your server. Enjoy surviving in the post-apocalyptic world of Unturned!