About Design Contest
The Design Contest aims to foster innovation, practical problem solving skills amongst students, researchers and professionals in the field of “VLSI and Embedded Systems”. The problems can be from real-world such as in the automobile, medical, industrial, consumer or any other industries.
The design contest is open to all professionals, university and college students studying B.Tech./B.E. /M.Tech./M.E./M.S./Ph.D. in the areas of Microelectronics, Electronics & Telecommunication, Computer Science and Embedded Systems. The purpose of this contest is not only to create a platform to showcase and share your work with academic/industry experts and seek suggestions but also enhance networking opportunities. Be part of this exciting event to get recognition for your great ideas taking them to the next phase of development and to reach out to a big network of industry, VCs and academia.
In addition to grand prizes, internship opportunities for students shall be available from participating companies like Seagate, SIGDA and other sponsors of this Contest.
Designs can be analog, digital circuits, FPGA/programmable logic, hardware-design languages, systems, embedded algorithms, useful tools/utilities etc. Design Ideas should solve design problems or display innovative ways to accomplish design tasks.
The contest follows the method of open problem proposal, and invites top universities/institutions to participate. The selected teams of up to three members should design, implement, test and document a working prototype based on selected problem statement. Designs can apply to any device that could be used in a real-world application, such as in the automobile, medical, industrial, or other industries.
Designs areas are as follows
- FPGA based designs
- Computer Architectures/ Processors
- Reconfigurable Computing Systems
- Innovative Design Methodologies and Verification Techniques
- Microprocessor/Microcontroller based mixed signal (Analog + Digital) design
- IIoT / Industry 4.0 Applications
- Remote Connectivity, Over the air programs
- Deep Learning, Algorithms
- Edge Computing
A panel of experts from industry and academia will judge the submissions. If deemed appropriate, the panel may award entries from students and industry professionals separately.
Weightage shall be given from most to least: Build and test it –> Only simulate it –> Only draw it. If you supply a circuit photograph and/or a scope capture, that’s great. In fact, why not demonstrate your circuit on YouTube (keep it under 5 minutes)? If you have only simulated, provide some results (and the simulation file). It should possess some combination of usefulness, educational value, novelty, and general appeal.
The following list provides some of the criteria that will be applied in the selection of designs (all criteria need not be applicable/satisfied):
- Innovative concept / implementation
- Industry / practical application
- Description of the design process
- Reliability of design and implementation
- Performance of the design
- Novelty of application, algorithm, architecture
- Testing strategy (or Simulation for the conceptual category) and results
- Advancement of Green Technology
- Register for Design Contest: Click on Submission button at the top of this page which will take you to softconf system.
- Login to softconf: need to create a User account if you have not done so yet. Click on “Make a new submission”.
- Enter Team name as Title of Submission and team members as Authors. Only one author of the team needs to register and can add the co-authors as necessary.
- Choose your desired Challenge from the drop-down menu of Submission Categories.
- Give a small description (100 words) of your proposed approach to solve the given problem as Summary.
- No file needs to be uploaded now – necessary files need to be uploaded as per the relevant design contest description link before the submission deadline.
- Click on Save at the bottom of the submission page.
- Contest Opens : Aug1, 2017
For Any Further Queries Please contact : firstname.lastname@example.org