About Design Contest
The Design Contest aims to foster innovation, practical problem solving skills amongst students, researchers and professionals in the field of “VLSI and Embedded Systems”. The problems can be from real-world such as in the automobile, medical, industrial, consumer or any other industries.
The design contest is open to all professionals, university and college students studying B.Tech./B.E. /M.Tech./M.E./M.S./Ph.D. in the areas of Microelectronics, Electronics & Telecommunication, Computer Science and Embedded Systems. The purpose of this contest is not only to create a platform to showcase and share your work with academic/industry experts and seek suggestions but also enhance networking opportunities. Be part of this exciting event to get recognition for your great ideas taking them to the next phase of development and to reach out to a big network of industry, VCs and academia.
In addition to grand prizes, internship opportunities for students shall be available from participating companies like Seagate, John Deere, Intel, Qualcomm and other sponsors. Design Contest is sponsored by Arm Inc and supported by SIGDA.
Designs can be analog, digital circuits, FPGA/programmable logic, hardware-design languages, systems, embedded algorithms, useful tools/utilities etc. Design Ideas should solve design problems or display innovative ways to accomplish design tasks.
The contest follows the method of open problem proposal, and invites top universities/institutions to participate. The selected teams of up to three members should design, implement, test and document a working prototype based on selected problem statement. Designs can apply to any device that could be used in a real-world application, such as in the automobile, medical, industrial, or other industries.
We have shortlisted total 15 ideas from submissions we received (top 5 from each category). Please note that participants must register for the event to qualify for the final round to be held on 9th January 2018 @ conference venue.
For final round on 9th January during conference, please be present to demonstrate your idea to judges.
|19||Autonomous Water Rover||Nirav Shah, Chirag Shah and Abhishek Rai|
|10||Smart Handheld Cleaning Device(Broom/Mop)||Sagar Shethia, Tanay Shah, Manav Shah and Dharmesh Shah|
|16||Bus Passenger Frequency Monitoring||Bhavik Mehta, Pramod Bura, Prayas Samriya and Sadanand Penore|
|38||APNEA||Mamta Shukla, Aaditi Saoji and Karishma Lunawat|
|2||IOT Based Health monitoring System||Ishant Bhatia|
|31||Guardian of LOC||Nandan Kulkarni and Prabodh Kherade|
|25||Smart Helmet for Bikes||Pramod Bura, Bhavik Mehta, Vijay Pasupureddy and Prasanth JP|
|47||Thermography based Breast Cancer detection||Ankita Mukherji and Ruchi Tirpude|
|23||Smart Lock||Pranavkumar darji and Chinmay Joshi|
|33||Team Cummins- Autonomous system to measure water levels(IoT)||Shina Dhingra, Vaishnavi Balambeed and Sushmita Deo|
|7||Transistor-Level Circuit Design Suite||Vedant Bassi|
|3||Design and Implementation of High Speed Data Acquisition System for High Energy Physics Experiment using Reconfigurable Hardware||Gitesh Sikder, Payel Banerjee, Swagata Mandal, Jogender Saini, Amlan Chakrabarti and Subhasis Chattopadhyay|
|17||FPGA Based Bioimpedance Spectroscpy for Detection of Skin Cancer||Laxmi Sen, Arushi Shrivastav and Debanjan Das|
|4||KALAM: a novel neural processing unit||Varun Tandon|
|21||Power Efficient Near Threshold Cache Architecture||Hitarth Shah and Vaibhav Chaudhari|
Would you like to design and prototype a contest-winning technology with industry-leading Arm IP – for free?
Speed up your design with free, instant access to the proven Arm Cortex-M0 and Cortex-M3 processors and system IP with Arm DesignStart Eval:
- Synthesizable 32-bit Arm Cortex-M0 or Cortex-M3 IP core
- Example system to get started quickly with out-of-box support for the Cortex-M Prototyping System (FPGA)
- Free 90-day license of Keil MDK Essential embedded software development tools
Don’t delay, if you are within the 9 best proposals, you will get a free Cortex-M Prototyping System worth $500 to prototype your system. You can even take your dream design to market later with DesignStart Pro – providing full Arm IP with no license fee, just a success-based royalty model.
Designs areas are as follows:
- FPGA based designs
- Computer Architectures/ Processors
- Reconfigurable Computing Systems
- Innovative Design Methodologies and Verification Techniques
- Microprocessor/Microcontroller based mixed signal (Analog + Digital) design
- IIoT / Industry 4.0 Applications
- Remote Connectivity, Over the air programs
- Deep Learning, Algorithms
- Edge Computing
A panel of experts from industry and academia will judge the submissions. If deemed appropriate, the panel may award entries from students and industry professionals separately.
Weightage shall be given from most to least: Build and test it –> Only simulate it –> Only draw it. If you supply a circuit photograph and/or a scope capture, that’s great. In fact, why not demonstrate your circuit on YouTube (keep it under 5 minutes)? If you have only simulated, provide some results (and the simulation file). It should possess some combination of usefulness, educational value, novelty, and general appeal.
The following list provides some of the criteria that will be applied in the selection of designs (all criteria need not be applicable/satisfied):
- Innovative concept / implementation
- Industry / practical application
- Description of the design process
- Reliability of design and implementation
- Performance of the design
- Novelty of application, algorithm, architecture
- Testing strategy (or Simulation for the conceptual category) and results
- Advancement of Green Technology
- Register for Design Contest: Click on Submission button at the top of this page which will take you to softconf system.
- Login to softconf: need to create a User account if you have not done so yet. Click on “Make a new submission”.
- Enter Team name as Title of Submission and team members as Authors. Only one author of the team needs to register and can add the co-authors as necessary.
- Choose your desired Challenge from the drop-down menu of Submission Categories.
- Give a small description (100 words) of your proposed approach to solve the given problem as Summary.
- No file needs to be uploaded now – necessary files need to be uploaded as per the relevant design contest description link before the submission deadline.
- Click on Save at the bottom of the submission page.
- Design Contest Submission Deadline : December 17, 2017
- Availability of Training Benchmark and Dataset : August 30, 2017
Contest Opens : August 1, 2017
- Idea submission deadline (Please note that Design Contest participant is agreeing to make his idea/proposal available in public domain) : November 26, 2017
- Registration: November 26, 2017
- List of top 10 from each category: December 4, 2017
- Design Contest Submission Deadline (Please note that Design Contest participant is agreeing to make his idea/proposal available in public domain): December 31, 2017
For Any Further Queries Please contact : email@example.com